- Current students
Kāhui Tū Kaha
Kāhui Tū Kaha is a service independent of Unitec and we are here to help you. We offer a safe space for you to discuss your concerns, complaints, or issues. Our aim is to help support you in addressing barriers to achieving your academic goals.
You should contact a Student Advocate if you:
- Experience a problem with the quality, teaching or administration of your course
- Have concerns about the facilities you are using
- Feel you’ve been treated unfairly
- Disagree with your assignment, exam or final grade and would like it reconsidered
- Have experienced harassment, bullying or discrimination by staff or students
- Have been ill or experienced personal issues that affect your studies, and you want to apply for special consideration
- Have general concerns about Unitec and would like help to voice it
- Want to learn about your legal rights
Contact a Student Advocate
|Mt Albert campus hours||Building 113, Room 2002
Monday to Wednesday, 9am - 4pm
Thursday, 9am - 1pm
|Waitākere campus hours||By request|
|Phone||0800 678 323|
Please note that appointments can be arranged outside of the above times if required.
Here at Unitec we have a number of policies that cover all aspects of the student experience. Find out what the policies are on our Unitec Policies page, and what they mean for you as a student.