Kāhui Tū Kaha are your student advocates. They are here to provide you with advice and guidance on any academic or personal issues impacting on your studies.
Kāhui Tū Kaha
Kāhui Tū Kaha is a service independent of Unitec and we are here to help you. We offer a safe space for you to discuss your concerns, complaints, or issues. Our aim is to help support you in addressing barriers to achieving your academic goals.
You should contact a Student Advocate if you:
- Experience a problem with the quality, teaching or administration of your course
- Have concerns about the facilities you are using
- Feel you’ve been treated unfairly
- Disagree with your assignment, exam or final grade and would like it reconsidered
- Have experienced harassment, bullying or discrimination by staff or students
- Have been ill or experienced personal issues that affect your studies, and you want to apply for special consideration
- Have general concerns about Unitec and would like help to voice it
- Want to learn about your legal rights
Contact a Student Advocate
|Where||Building 180 (Te Puna), Room 2053, Level 2, Mt Albert Campus|
|Hours||Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm|
(Wednesday & Thursday available by phone and email only)
|Phone||0800 678 323|
If you're based at our Waitākere campus and would like one of our Student Advocates to come out and see you, please call or email to make an appointment. Please note that appointments can be arranged outside of the above times if required.
Here at Unitec we have a number of policies that cover all aspects of the student experience. Find out what the policies are on our Unitec Policies page, and what they mean for you as a student.