- Current students
- Under 25s
What can the Student Advocate help you with?
If you have sought to resolve your issues informally and now require further assistance with:
- Helping understand Unitec policy and procedures.
- Making a formal complaint.
- Resolving experiences of being harassed, bullied or are feeling unsafe.
- Wanting support during a disciplinary process.
- Seeking information or referral about non-academic issues affecting your studies like employment and tenancy.
For other matters or general advice and support, please see:
- A Student Support Advisor
- An International Student Support Advisor (if you are an international student)
Meet the Student Advocate
Kia ora koutou, I am your student advocate for the Mount Albert and Waitākere campuses. I bring over a decade of experience as a sworn officer in the New Zealand Police and as a Kaiwhakamanawa for motor industry apprentices. Now, acting as your student advocate, I am here to āwhina (assist) you through the varying processes within Unitec and to tautoko (support) you in resolving your issues and complaints. I am focused on providing the best service possible to all ākonga (students) and welcome you all to reach out. Me mahi tahi tātou mo te oranga o te katoa (We must work together for the wellbeing of everyone).
Mt Albert campus
|Appointment||Unavailable until mid-October|
Note: if you have any issues viewing the online booking form, please try using another browser.