- Current students
- Under 25s
Student identity cards
As an enrolled student*, you’ll have access to a wide range of services, some of which you’ll need to present your student ID card.
Our Student Central (Te Pae Kōrero), on each campus, issue ID cards for all students and staff.
*If you’re enrolled in a course that’s less than three weeks long or are enrolled in an IELTS Preparation Course, you’ll not be eligible for a student ID card.
What can I use my Student ID for?
- Check into your class with our class attendance program SEAtS
- Print, copy, and scan documents using the photocopiers (MDF's)
- Borrow books from the Library
- Bring with you when you sit exams and other assessment activities
- Free travel on our Inter-campus Shuttle Service
- Discounted rates at the Sports Centre, National Squash Centre, and Medical Centre (Te Puna Waiora) on campus
- Access to Student Services and Support
- Student discounts
Please note misuse of a student ID card can lead to serious consequences under the Student Discipline Statute. You can find all our policies on our Unitec Policies Page.
Getting your ID card
There are two ways to get or request a student ID card: in person, or by email. There is no charge for the first card, however, getting a replacement card may have a cost.
1. In person
Visit Student Central (Te Pae Kōrero) on campus where our friendly advisors will take your photo. We suggest getting in early to sort your ID, to avoid any long waiting periods or queues at the start of semester.
For locations and hours, please visit our Student Central page.
You may be asked to verify that you’ve paid your fees or have made arrangements to pay your fees, e.g. via student loan, and show some form of personal identification in order to get a student ID card.
Send us an email with the following:
- A large photo of yourself (no sunglasses or hats please), saved in Jpeg, Jpg, or Png file format
- A copy of your passport or driver's license (to ensure your identity and the spelling of your name is correct)
Please email these documents to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll process your student ID card as quickly as possible.
Faulty, damaged or lost ID cards
Our friendly staff at Student Central (Te Pae Kōrero) can help you replace any ID cards that are faulty, damaged or lost.
- If your card is faulty, there’ll be no charge for a replacement.
- If you’ve lost your student ID card, your first step is to check with our Campus Security Team as it may have been handed in. Otherwise, there’ll be a small fee of $5 to replace your lost ID card, which you can pay for at our Cashier desk inside of Student Central.
- If you’ve damaged your student ID card, there’ll be a small replacement fee of $5, which you can pay for at our Cashier desk inside of Student Central.
You may be asked to show some form of personal identification in order to get a replacement ID card.
Found an ID card?
If you’ve found a student ID card, please make sure you hand it in to any Ask Me desk, Student Central (Te Pae Kōrero), or Security Centre on campus.