Collecting your student ID card

To collect your student ID card in person, please bring your fee payment receipt or evidence of Student Loan Entitlement Advice letter (e-copy is encouraged) into any Student Central.

If you're a new student, you need to bring some form of photo ID such as a driver's licence or passport.

Please note - students enrolled in a course that is less than three weeks long and those enrolled in an IELTS Preparation Course are not eligible for a student ID card.

By mail

You can also receive your student ID card by mail. You will need to send/email Student Central the following:

  • A passport sized photo of yourself (no sunglasses or hats please)
  • A copy of your passport or driver's licence (to ensure your identity and spelling is correct)
  • A copy of your Unitec fee invoice to confirm your Student ID number and programme
  • A copy of your receipt or StudyLink Loan Entitlement Advice (LEA) letter.

Please email these documents to us at or mail to:

Student Central 180
Attention: ID Cards
Unitec Institute of Technology
Freepost 3208
Private Bag 92025

Replacing your Student ID

If you have lost or damaged your student ID and need to get a new one, the friendly staff at Student Central can help you replace it. New Student IDs will cost $5.