- Current students
Important COVID-19 notice
Our voulnteer chaplains will continue to provide their service during the lockdown period.
You can reach this team on the contact details below:
The chaplains have recommended the below online resources, to help you through the COVID-19 lockdown.
May your faith keep you strong at this time. Kia kaha! Be strong!
For more information
- How will classes be taught at this time, see our Teaching and Learning Online page
- How to access our Students Services at this time, visit our Student Services Online page
- Latest email updates and news for students, visit our Stay Informed page
- How to be kind to each other at this time, see our Stay Kind page
- About COVID-19, visit the official government website www.covid19.govt.nz
- Updates from Unitec, visit our coronavirus/COVID-19 page
Multifaith Chaplaincy Services
Our Volunteer Chaplains support Unitec students and staff of all faiths, as well as those of no particular faith. Our Chaplains are non-judgemental of personal lifestyles and are there to assist everyone.
What we offer
- A confidential listening presence and support for everyday matters, or for times of transition, stress or crisis.
- Informal discussions about issues of faith and life.
- Prayer/ worship on campus and a connection with other local worshipping communities.
- A chance to participate in interfaith events like The Week for World Peace.
- Opportunities to connect with other students and staff who are interested in faith/ spirituality and to participate in Spirituality Week.
- Resources for reading, listening, and reflection.
- Unitec Christian Staff Network and connections to Faith-based Clubs at Unitec.
- Oversight for the Muslim Prayer Rooms and Multi-faith Chapel.
Muslim Prayer Rooms
We have Muslim Prayer rooms across both of our campuses, and are available for use during our campus opening hours.
|Mt Albert Campus||Building 158|
|Waitākere Campus||Building 510, Level 3, Room 3033|
Please talk with one of our friendly Chaplains if you would like to use these rooms.
Mt Albert Campus
|Where||Building 159 (Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre), Mt Albert campus (campus map)|
|Hours||Monday to Friday (hours vary, please call or email for details)|
|Co-ordinating Chaplain||Ricky Waters|
|Phone||+64 9 815 4321 ext 7208|
|Where||Building 500, Waitākere campus|
|Hours||Monday to Thursday (hours vary, please call or email for details)|
Regular weekly events(click to expand)
We invite you to attend a range of fellowship activities on campus, encouraging connection and exploration with other students and staff.
Mt Albert campus
Chaplaincy Drop-Ins (free coffee and a chat)
Building 180 (Te Puna), Mondays 11am – 12.30pm
English Reading (using the Bible)
Building 159 (Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre), Mondays 1pm – 2.30pm
Bible Study (Church Unlimited)
Building 159 (Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre), Mondays 7pm – 9pm
Christian Staff Network Prayer Meeting
Building 159 (Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre), last Monday of each Month at 7.30am.
Catholic Mass (and shared lunch)
Building 159 (Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre), Tuesdays 12.10pm – 12.50pm
Bible Study & Prayer
Building 112 (Pacific Centre), Room 2004, Tuesdays 11.30am – 1.30pm
Chapel Service (Christian Worship)
Building 159 (Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre), Wednesdays 7pm – 9pm
Building 159 (Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre), various Thursday evenings at 6.30pm. For more information on when, contact our friendly Chaplains.
English Reading (using the Bible)
Building 520 (Library), Study Room 3018, Tuesdays 12.30pm – 2pm