- Current students
COVID-19: Alert Level 3 Notice
Virtual consults available
Our voulnteer chaplains will be available via phone or email at this time. You can reach this team on the contact details below:
The chaplains have recommended the below online resources to help you through the lockdown:
For more information
- About COVID-19, visit the official government website www.covid19.govt.nz
- A list of external and internal support and services available to students, see our Stay Safe page
- How will classes be taught at this time, see our Teaching and Learning Online page
- How to access our Students Services at this time, visit our Student Services Online page
- Latest email updates and news for students, visit our Stay Informed page
- How to be kind to each other at this time, see our Stay Kind page
- How to keep the kids entertained, visit our Activities and Online Resources for Kids page
Multifaith Chaplaincy Services
Our volunteer Chaplains support Unitec students and staff of all faiths, as well as those of no particular faith. Our Chaplains are non-judgemental of personal lifestyles and are there to assist everyone.
What we offer
- A confidential listening presence and support for everyday matters, or for times of transition, stress or crisis.
- Informal discussions about issues of faith and life.
- Prayer/ worship on campus and a connection with other local worshipping communities.
- A chance to participate in interfaith events like The Week for World Peace.
- Opportunities to connect with other students and staff who are interested in faith/ spirituality and to participate in Spirituality Week.
- Resources for reading, listening, and reflection.
- Unitec Christian Staff Network and connections to Faith-based Clubs at Unitec.
- Oversight for the Muslim Prayer Rooms and Multi-faith Chapel.
Muslim Prayer Rooms
We have Muslim Prayer rooms across both of our campuses, and are available for use during our campus opening hours.
|Mt Albert Campus||Building 158|
|Waitākere Campus||Building 510, Level 3, Room 3033|
Please talk with one of our friendly Chaplains if you would like to use these rooms.
Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre
The Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre is located at our Mt Albert campus. Our volunteer Chaplains work out of this space, and is open to all for visits.
|Where||Building 159 (Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre), Mt Albert campus map|
|Hours||Monday to Friday (hours vary, please call or email for details)|
|Co-ordinating Chaplain||Ricky Waters|
|email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Phone||+64 9 815 4321 ext 7208|
Statement of Religious Diveristy
The statement of Religious Diversity provides a basis for ongoing discussion of religious diversity in New Zealand.