On the Country information page, this will explain entry requirements and help you find an Authorised Agent to assist you with your application.  Unitec also travels to different countries as well so please check the Visit to Your Country page to see if we'll be in your country or city.

If you need help with your application at any time, please email the International team at international@unitec.ac.nz

1. Apply for a place

  • If you are applying for an English Language programme, please start filling out the application form now
  • If you are applying for an academic programme, please check you meet the academic and English language entry requirements listed under your programme of choice
  • Check the equivalent qualifications for your country
  • Find out what your fees will be
  • Complete your online application and provide supporting documents* required for the programme of study you wish to apply for

Start online application »

Download application form (PDF) »

Supporting Documents

Required Documents

  • Certified/notarised copy of personal details page from passport, or birth certificate
  • Original or certified** photocopies of all previous tertiary transcripts and certificates (showing all subjects attempted in all years of study and the grades awarded)
  • Copies of your syllabus are required if you are applying for cross-credits
  • Certified/notarised copy of personal details page from passport, or birth certificate

** Certified/notarised translations of original documents are required when these are not in English. "Notarised copy" means a Unitec agent or public notary has seen the original and a copy, and has stamped and signed the copy to say that it is the same as the original document. If you are in Auckland, you may bring the original document to the Unitec Student Central for a Programme Advisor to copy and stamp.

Depending on your programme, you may also need to provide:

  • Statement of Purpose
  • CV/Resume including detailed descriptions of any relevant work experience showing tasks performed and responsibilities
  • Work related references
  • Portfolio (for Architecture and Design programmes)
  • Detailed research proposal

If you're an approved Unitec agent please send electronic applications to international.applications@unitec.ac.nz.

2. Wait for confirmation of receipt and an Offer of Place

We will acknowledge your application and start the assessment process.

  • If you meet the entrance criteria you will receive a full Offer of Place, which includes an invoice and instructions on how to pay the tuition fees;
  • If some documents are missing, a Conditional Offer of Place may be given.

3. Pay your tuition fees

Pay your fees after you receive your Offer of Place letter.  A receipt will be provided when the funds have been received by Unitec. In some cases, tuition fees should be paid after obtaining an Approval in Principle (AIP) for your student visa.

Now you're ready to come to New Zealand check out our pre-departure guide.

Contact information


Building 110, Entry 4 off Carrington Road, Mt Albert

Hours Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Phone +64 9 815 4321
Fax +64 9 8154301
Email international@unitec.ac.nz