- Current students
A homestay environment allows you to experience New Zealand culture first hand. There is the option to be picked up at the airport and taken directly to your homestay. A homestay experience includes being immersed in your host family's life; this includes attending any social/ family activities, eating meals with your host family, and getting support with your first few weeks of study, We endeavour to match our students as best as possible with homestay family's through our homestay suppliers.
Some students are more independent than others. We often find that highly independent students prefer a room and board experience. Our homestay coordinator will discuss your requirements when you contact us.
If you are an international student under the age of 18, you will be required to live in homestay accommodation.Host Families NZ offer great value and are a dedicated team of caring professionals that ensure students have an ultimately safe, enjoyable and worthwhile learning experience.
To apply for a homestay, please contact Mrinal Mehra.
Please note: The earlier you book, the better chance there is of getting a family that meets your requirements. In order to make a booking, our homestay supplier will require payment. We encourage all students to pay their homestay costs directly to our supplier. We will guide you in the process.
Homestay Services ensure that:
- You are well cared for
- There are follow up meetings to make sure you and your host family are compatible and happy.
- You have your own fully furnished room and bedding is provided
- Laundry facilities will be available for you to use.
- Breakfast and dinner is provided every day together with lunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
Homestay costs include:
- Homestay placement fee (one-off, non refundable)- NZ$235
- Unitec Admin fee (one-off, non refundable)- NZ$150
- Airport pick up NZ$100 .
- Weekly homestay fee (includes weekday breakfast & dinner, and weekend breakfast, lunch and dinner)- NZ $300/week
- Weekly homestay fee for students under 18 (includes weekday breakfast & dinner, and weekend breakfast, lunch and dinner)- NZ $325/week
- Extra: Lunch (Mon- Fri) per week- NZ$30/week
- Extra: Special Dietary requirements (Gluten, Vegetarian, Halal)- NZ$25/week
- Holding Fee per week ( if student goes on holiday and wants homestay to hold room)- NZ$110/week
If you would like any further information, please email Mrinal Mehra.