- Current students
- Under 25s
COVID-19: Alert Level 1 Notice
The SEAtS program is operating, make sure to check into your class using your student ID or via the app when on campus.
What is class attendance tracking?
Attendance tracking lets your lecturer know that you were present in class. We use a program called ‘SEAtS’, which helps us keep track of class attendance for students.
There are two ways in which you can check-in with SEAtS:
- Student ID card - we have card readers (RFID) in most classrooms where you can tap into class
- SEAtS mobile app - download the mobile app to check into class
Whatever method you use, you'll be able to check-in whenever you enter the classroom, and the app will record it all.
Please note your first point of contact to ensure your attendance is properly tracked is your lecturer.
Why do we have class attendance (SEAtS) tracking?
Your success is important to us! If we notice that you’re not coming to class, we may get in touch with you to see if you're okay and if there's anything that we can do to help you.
What do I need to do?
1. Get yourself a student ID card
2. Download the SEAtS app
Follow the steps below to download and use the SEAtS app:
Step 1: Download the latest version (2.3.2) of the 'SEAtS' app onto your phone.
Step 2: Log into the 'SEAtS’ app with your Office 365 Unitec email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password.
Step 3: Open the 'SEAtS' app in class and check-in.
For the app:
Please note if you’ve noticed the wording ‘Not Yet Enrolled’ on your app, please ignore, it’s like that so we can add you to future classes.
- Use UNITEC-ELEARN Wifi
- Check your regional settings are set to New Zealand
- Turn on Bluetooth when 'checking-in' your attendance
- Make sure you have the latest version of your phone's operating system
- Open the SEAtS app, click to check in, and wait a few minutes
- Move closer to the SEAtS beacon in your classroom
- Make sure you have the latest version of the SEAtS app
For student ID card:
- Tap only your student ID card on the RFID card reader - they tend to be sensitive
I forgot my phone or student ID card? Or don't have a phone?
Don't worry, we've got your covered. In class, let your lecturer know to record your class attendance.
Enrolled late and my application isn’t processed?
Let your lecturer know that you have enrolled late so that they can register your attendance while your enrolment gets sorted. Don't forget to download the ‘SEAtS’ app once your enrolment has been confirmed.