- Current students
What is class attendance tracking?
Attendance tracking lets your lecturer know that you were present in class. We use an app called ‘SEAtS’, which you can easily download onto your phone.
With this app, you’ll be able to check-in whenever you enter the classroom.
Why do we have class attendance (SEAtS) tracking?
- Your success is important to us! So, if we notice that you’re not coming to class, we may get in touch with you to see if you're okay and if there's anything that we can do to help you.
- Save the trees! By using this app, you'll help us to stop relying on paper attendance forms.
What do I need to do?
Step 1: Download the latest version (2.1.1) of the 'SEAtS' app onto your phone.
Step 2: Log into the 'SEAtS’ app with your Office 365 Unitec email address (email@example.com) and your password.
Step 3: Open the 'SEAtS' app in class and check-in.
If you’ve noticed the wording ‘Not Yet Enrolled’ on your app, please ignore, it’s like that so we can add you to future classes.
What if I don't have a phone or forgot my phone?
If you've forgotten or don't have a phone, don't worry, we've got your covered. In class, let your lecturer know to record your class attendance.
If you’re having issues with the app, just speak to your lecturer, as they're your first point of contact to ensure that your attendance is properly tracked.
What if I enrolled late and my application isn’t processed?
Let your lecturer know that you have enrolled late so that they can register your attendance while your enrolment gets sorted.
Don't forget to download the ‘SEAtS’ app once your enrolment has been confirmed.
- Use UNITEC-ELEARN Wifi
- Check your regional settings are set to New Zealand
- Turn on Bluetooth when 'checking-in' your attendance
- Make sure you have the latest version of your phone's operating system
- Open the SEAtS app, click to check in, and wait a few minutes
- Move closer to the SEAtS beacon in your classroom
- Make sure you have the latest version of the SEAtS app
Are you a staff member looking for more information?
Staff can view the staff training documentation on Moodle.