- Current students
- Under 25s
You will move through the essentials of social media such as social media platforms, key principles, content creation and management, metrics and audit. The majority of the course will focus on innovative ideas and new digital literacies that can help organisations add value to their marketing communications on social media.
Become Social Media Literate
These social media literacies include:
- Setting appropriate goals for social media marketing
- Selecting, producing and communicating marketing content tailored to a target audience
- Using social media advertising tools and managing budgets
- Applying social media analytics
The course was developed in consultation with social media marketing experts to ensure that the course meets industry demand and expectations. We provide our students with experiences using a one of a kind social media digital textbook by Stukent. You will learn and practice what it is like to run a social media marketing campaign.
There will also be one final project: you will develop a social media marketing campaign for a company/product/idea or brand.
- Social media characteristics and functionality
- Consumer engagement, social media communities, and brand value
- Principles and ethics of social media marketing
- Marketing research using social media
- Social media advertising and content creation
- Social media role in SEO and content marketing
- Social media ROI
The Social Media Marketing course fee is approximately $814 (Domestic only).
Check out the Social Media Marketing timetable information.
If these times do not work for you, we do offer other digital marketing courses that run on other days. Check out the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Google Certified or Inbound Marketing and Marketing Automation courses for more details.
How to apply
You can apply through our online Enrolment Portal. To guide you through the application process, we have created step-by-step guide - please make sure you read this before starting your application:
If you are an existing Unitec student or are returning to Unitec after some time away, you will need to re-enrol.
If you need assistance with your application, please see our help page or contact Student Central on 0800 10 95 10 or email@example.com.
Course name: Social Media Marketing
Course number: BSNS7474
Please note, if you have not already studied at Unitec you will need to supply supporting documentation such as a copy of your birth certificate or passport.