- Current students
- Under 25s
You can apply for a Certificate of Proficiency (COP) when you want to enrol in a single course from a Unitec undergraduate programme.
You can take a single course without enrolling in a formal qualification, such as a certificate or bachelor programme.
The Certificate of Proficiency is approved on a semester-by-semester basis and is not suitable if you are pursuing a long-term programme of study or seeking the equivalent of full-time study.
Courses that can be studied
Only some courses are available to be studied outside of programme enrolment.
You can choose from the extra elective courses, or talk to us to confirm what other courses are available.
How to apply for a COP
- Select Domestic or International.
- Select your study choice, which needs to be ‘Certificate of Proficiency’.
- Select the semester and year of study.
- Select campus.
- Select Part-time.
- Create an account (this is so you can check the status of your application and complete your application tasks).
- Complete the application form, entering your contact and educational details.
The application tasks you need to complete are:
- Proof of your New Zealand or Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
- Academic history.
- Work history - upload your CV.
- Choose your course - advise us of your choice of course name, course code and class number (how do I find the class number of the class I want to enrol in?).
For help with these tasks, see how to complete application tasks.
When your application has been processed, we will email you an invoice.
Payment needs to be made at least seven days before the course start date.
If you have questions or would like help, email firstname.lastname@example.org