- Current students
Before you apply:
Before you start, make sure you have the following:
- The course name, course number and class number (if available) of the Certificate of Proficiency (COP) that you want to apply for.
- The timetable details of the class you wish to take, so you’ll know when the class is on and where to go.
- Your proof of New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency to prove you are eligible to pay domestic fees (not international fees). You can bring your original documents into Unitec but we can’t accept a non-certified copy of your identity documents.
- Your academic history documents and/or a CV to increase the chance that your application will be successful.
Please note: You will either need to upload certified copies of academic and ID documents, or bring the originals into Unitec to have us copy, certify and upload them for you.
When you apply:
Once you have these at hand,
- Click ‘apply now’ and ensure that you select ‘Certificate of Proficiency’ as your study choice.
- Sign up with an account either by using Facebook or Google credentials, or creating a login.
- Complete the application form by entering your details as they appear in your ID documents.
- Please note: as you go through the application form, you will be applying to enrol in a Certificate of Proficiency. You will not enter the course name or class number until you get to the very end of the process.
Inside your Enrolment Portal:
After you have submitted your application, you will see a task list on your Enrolment Portal. You will need to complete the following tasks:
- Choose your course - advise us of your choice of Course name, Course code and Class number (how do I find the class number of the class I want to enrol in?)
- Citizenship or Residency Documentation - provide a certified copy of your proof of New Zealand or Australian citizenship or permanent residency (including Tokelau, the Cook Islands and Niue) or Australia.
- Academic History - provide academic evidence if we can't access it
- Work History - upload your CV
When your application has been processed, you’ll be enrolled and sent an invoice which you will need to pay seven days before the course start date. If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for support with this process.