No, instead of lodging a new application, all you need to do is re-enrol online. You can do this via the Student Portal (Please note the login for the Student Portal is your Unitec email address for example; and your Unitec password). Click on 'Student Self Service’ under Useful Links. You will need to then login to the Student Self Service with your Unitec username and password. Then click enrol.

If you don’t remember your username or password, please contact Student Central on 0800 10 95 10 or email

If you have been away from Unitec for more than 2 years, you will need to complete a re-enrolment form manually. Please visit Student Central or send us a re-enrolment request by emailing

If at all you are returning to study after 5 years or more, please see the Programme Leader first as there is a high possibility the programme structure may have changed. The Academic Leader will be able to suggest you a study plan for the rest of your programme. To know who the Academic Leader is, please contact Student Services on 0800 10 95 10 or email us at