About an unofficial transcript

If you are a current student, you can view and print your unofficial transcript via your Student Portal self-service.

Unofficial transcripts can be useful if you need to show your grades to a prospective employer or to apply to another tertiary institute.

Immigration may accept an unofficial transcript. If you need your unofficial transcript to be verified, you can go to Student Central where the team can stamp it for you.

Students receive their Official Transcript (Academic Record) at the completion of study, usually at graduation.

How to view your unofficial transcript

  1. Login to your Student Portal using your myunitec email address (username@myunitec.ac.nz) and password
  2. In your Student Portal, click on ‘Student Self Service’ (Image 1)
  3. Enter your myunitec username and password (your username is just the first part of your myunitec email address, not the whole email address)
  4. You will now see your self-service centre
  5. Click on the dropdown menu; left-hand side of screen (Image 2)
  6. In the dropdown menu, select “Transcript: View Unofficial”
  7. Then click the two little arrows
  8. On ‘View Unofficial Transcript’ screen, change ‘Report Type’ to ‘UNITEC Unofficial Transcript’ (Image 3)
  9. Click ‘view report’
  10. Your unofficial transcript will open as a PDF
  11. You can download and print the PDF.


Image 1


Image 2


Image 3