Study level two English to prepare yourself for future study. Unitec uses the latest teaching practices, uses collaborative learning spaces, and provides a true campus community experience.
- Fees free to all NZ residents
- Learn how to listen, read, write and speak in English in different situations
- Get the language and study skills to succeed in academic study
- Learn in a fast and flexible 16 week programme
- Use the latest technology and apps to help you learn
- Get access to great teachers and equipment (including a well-equipped Library, Language Learning Centre and computer labs)
After completing this programme, you will:
- Have the language skills required to communicate in familiar situations with some independence.
- Be able to continue your education with the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (General) (Level 3)
For this programme, you will need the following:
- Be 16 years old by the time the programme starts
- A New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 1) or equivalent, or achieve an appropriate score on Unitec's Language Studies English Language Placement Test.
- Sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
|Oral Skills (L2) (EAPL2150)||30 credits (0.25 EFTS)||To develop students’ spoken accuracy and fluency in the English language and their understanding of spoken English texts within a limited range of familiar contexts and genres|
|Text Based Skills (L2) (EAPL2151)||30 credits (0.25 EFTS)||To develop students’ written accuracy and fluency in the English language within a limited range of genre in socially constructed ways. To develop students’ understanding of a limited range of written English texts|