- Current students
We offer a short 40 hour IELTS exam preparation course, available to domestic and international students, which provides:
- An introduction to, and preparation for, the IELTS exam
- Review of vocabulary and language skills at advanced levels
- Exploration of IELTS themes and exam requirements
- Access to the Unitec Library and English Language Centre
- Academic or General IELTS exam preparation
Students who enrol in IELTS Preparation course are lent an IELTS coursebook.
Department of Language Studies, Entry 3, Carrington Road, Mt Albert, Auckland
Domestic: $318.18 (inc. GST & Student Services Fee)
International: $634.38 (inc. GST & Student Services Fee)
- International applicants may need insurance for this short course. Please see our Insurance page for more information.
- Student loans and allowances are not available for any of these short courses.
- Unitec's cashier does not accept cash payments.
A student may be eligible for a refund of 90% of the short course fee paid only if the student withdraws and requests the refund in writing at least seven days before the class start date.
If there aren't enough students registered for a course, then Unitec reserves the right to postpone or cancel the course. If the course is cancelled, you will be advised, and either a 100% refund of the short course fee paid (i.e. to take account of discounts, scholarships, etc.) shall apply and be actioned immediately by the department concerned, or a transfer to another class or course arranged.
No refund shall apply in any other circumstances.
How to apply
Check upcoming classes section below for a suitable class.
If you are a domestic student and want to pay by credit card you can apply online.
If you are an international student, you will need to complete the Short Course Enrolment Form (PDF).
For further information, please contact Student Central on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 10 95 10.
|Week commencing||10 August 2020|
|$318.18 (Domestic fee: $318.18, International fee: $634.38 - inc. GST & Student Services Fee)||6320||EAPLS115||01 November 2020||
18 Sep 20 - 25 Sep 20: Lecture. Friday 09:00 - 13:00 Mt Albert (182-1001)
16 Oct 20 - 13 Nov 20: Lecture. Friday 09:00 - 13:00 Mt Albert (182-1001)