This English programme also prepares you for a career in many different industries, in school, at home and in the workplace.
- Learn how to communicate in different situations from the workplace to community activities
- Get the language and study skills to succeed in academic study
- Prepare for further study in higher level certificate programmes
- Gain an understanding of ethical, bicultural and social issues in NZ
- Learn in a fast and flexible 16 week programme
- English language scholarships available
- Use the latest technology and apps to help you learn
- Get access to great teachers and equipment (including a well-equipped Library, Language Learning Centre and computer labs)
After completing this course, you will:
- Have the language skills required to communicate in familiar situations with increasing independence and fluency.
- Be able to continue your education with the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Applied) (Level 3)
- Be 16 years old by the time the programme starts
- A New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 2) or equivalent, or achieve an appropriate score on Unitec's Language Studies English Language Placement Test.
- Sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.