This English programme prepares you for a career in many different industries, or for study on certificate level programmes including Construction Trade Skills, Business and Electrical Engineering.
- Learn how to listen, read, write and speak English in different situations
- Get the language and study skills to succeed in academic study or community context
- Prepare for further study in higher level certificate programmes
- Gain an understanding of ethical, bicultural and social issues in NZ
- Learn in a fast and flexible 16 week programme
- English language scholarships available
- Use the latest technology and apps to help you learn
- Get access to great teachers and equipment (including a well-equipped Library, Language Learning Centre and computer labs)
After completing this programme, you will:
- Have the language skills required to communicate in familiar situations with increasing independence and fluency.
- Be able to continue your English language study with the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (General, or Academic) (Level 4)
- Be at least 16 years old by the time the programme begins
- A New Zealand Certificate in English Language (General) (Level 3) or equivalent, or achieve an appropriate score on Unitec's Language Studies English Language Placement Test.
- Sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
|Oral & Text-based Skills (L3) (EAPL3150)||30.0 credits (0.25 EFTS)||This course develops the language skills required for students to participate effectively at CEFR low B2 level in routine academic English language contexts.|
|English for Academic Purposes (L3) (EAPL3151)||30.0 credits (0.25 EFTS)||To develop students? English language skills to enable them to communicate with some independence and fluency in order to participate in routine academic English language contexts at CEFR low B2 level.|