- Current students
This English programme prepares you for a career in many different industries, or for study on certificate level programmes including Construction Trade Skills, Business and Electrical Engineering.
- Learn how to listen, read, write and speak English in different situations
- Get the language and study skills to succeed in academic study or community context
- Prepare for further study in higher level certificate programmes
- Gain an understanding of ethical, bicultural and social issues in NZ
- Learn in a fast and flexible 16-week programme
- Use the latest technology and apps to help you learn
- Get access to great teachers and equipment (including a well-equipped Library, English Language Centre and computer labs)
After completing this programme, you will:
- Have the language skills required to communicate in familiar situations with increasing independence and fluency.
- Be able to continue your English language study with the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Academic) (Level 4)
Please note: International students who graduate will NOT be eligible for a post-study work visa upon completion of this programme.
Is this the right level for me?
If you're not sure, feel free to take this free online test to help you determine what English programme to apply for.
Alternatively, simply apply and we can move you into the right programme after you sit the placement test, if required.
For this programme, you will need the following:
- Be at least 16 years old by the time the programme begins
- A New Zealand Certificate in English Language (General) (Level 3) or equivalent, or achieve an appropriate score on Unitec's Language Studies English Language Placement Test.
Don't meet these requirements? We also accept:
- Sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
|Oral & Text-based Skills (L3) (EAPL3150)||30.0 credits (0.25 EFTS)||This course develops the language skills required for students to participate effectively at CEFR low B2 level in routine academic English language contexts.|
|English for Academic Purposes (L3) (EAPL3151)||30.0 credits (0.25 EFTS)||To develop students? English language skills to enable them to communicate with some independence and fluency in order to participate in routine academic English language contexts at CEFR low B2 level.|