Study this programme to get the language and communication skills for success in everyday life in New Zealand.
- Learn how to listen, read, write and speak English socially and in the workplace
- Use the latest technology and apps to help you learn
- Get access to great teachers and equipment (including a well-equipped Library, Language Learning Centre and computer labs)
- Learn perspectives from diverse cultures and understand ethical, bicultural and social issues in New Zealand
- Learn in a fast and flexible 16 week programme
- English language scholarships available to help you study
After completing this course, you will:
- Have the language skills required to communicate independently and effectively in familiar and some less familiar situations with fluency and flexibility in community and social settings
- Be able to continue your education, with the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Academic) (Level 4), Level 3 or 4 certificate programmes or community/employment goals
For this programme, you will need the following:
- Be 16 years old by the time the programme starts
- A New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Applied) (Level 3) or equivalent, or achieve an appropriate score on Unitec's Language Studies English Language Placement Test.
Don’t meet these requirements? We also accept:
- Sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
|Oral & Text-based Skills (L4 Academic) (EAPL4190)||30.0 credits (0.25 EFTS)||To develop students’ spoken accuracy and fluency in the English language and their understanding of spoken English texts within a limited range of familiar contexts and genres|
|English for Social and Community Purposes (L4) (EAPL4193)||30.0 credits (0.25 EFTS)||To develop students’ English language and cultural skills to enable them to communicate with developing independence and fluency in a range of everyday social and community contexts|