- Current students
Please note: We are still accepting applications for Sem 2B, which starts on 28 September 2020.
This programme prepares you for the demands of a career in management. Graduates of this programme will develop the knowledge and skills to effectively contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of a business. This includes:
You'll learn the following technical skills:
- Identifying operational issues and challenges
- Techniques for continuous improvement
- Contributing to business planning
- Lead others to implement activities
- Manage projects within scope, resources, and time.
You'll learn the following people skills:
- Negotiate and positively influence others to achieve the entity’s outcomes.
- Develop a positive workplace culture and team engagement, for efficient and effective performance of the entity.
- Promote compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Great introduction to the diverse field of business management
- 1 year Diploma programme, get qualified quickly
- Some evening study available
- Work on practical assignments and real world cases – this will better prepare you for what you’ll experience in leadership and management support roles
- Industry experienced lecturers
- Provides an excellent pathway to Unitec’s Bachelor of Business (Management) programme
New Zealand Diploma in Business – Leadership and Management courses is a pathway into the Bachelor of Business. The Bachelor of Business (Management) major offers pathways to further your learning in Human Resources or Operations specialisations.
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. A minimum of 14 credits at NCEA Level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau
2. A total of 48 credits at NCEA Level 2 or higher in four subjects:
- Your 48 credits must include 8 credits in English or Teo Reo Māori (4 in reading, 4 in writing)
3. Be 16 years old before the programme starts
4. If English is not your first language, you will need one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
Don't meet the requirements? We also accept:
- A relevant qualification at Level 3 on the NZQF or above or an equivalent qualification; or
- Provide sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
|The Nature of Business (BEBP5101)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To explore the nature of business entities in New Zealand and the impact of the internal and external environment on them.|
|The Business Team (BEBP5102)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||Learners will understand the fundamentals of team dynamics and how effective teams support success of business entities|
|Working with Maori Organisations (BEBP5103)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||Learners will understand the nature of Maori organisations and develop skills to operate as a bi-cultural business professional.|
|Business Innovation (BEBP5104)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||Learners understand the innovation process and identify an innovative idea.|
|Managing Business Operations (BEBP5701)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course ensures that learners to analyse elements of leadership and act as a leader to develop a positive culture.|
|Improving Business Processes (BEBP5702)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||Learners apply techniques to improve business process for operational efficiency and effectiveness in compliance external requirements.|
|Business Planning (BEBP5703)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course ensures that learners understand to plan efficiently and effectively to manage and change business operations processes.|
|Implementing Business Plans (BEBP5704)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course ensures that learners will demonstrate leadership and management skills while executing change management.|