- Current students
This programme prepares you for the demands of a career in management. Graduates of this programme will develop the knowledge and skills to effectively contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of a business. This includes:
You'll learn the following technical skills:
- Identifying operational issues and challenges
- Techniques for continuous improvement
- Contributing to business planning
- Lead others to implement activities
- Manage projects within scope, resources, and time.
You'll learn the following people skills:
- Negotiate and positively influence others to achieve the entity’s outcomes.
- Develop a positive workplace culture and team engagement, for efficient and effective performance of the entity.
- Promote compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Great introduction to the diverse field of business management
- 1 year Diploma programme, get qualified quickly
- Some evening study available
- Work on practical assignments and real world cases – this will better prepare you for what you’ll experience in leadership and management support roles
- Industry experienced lecturers
- Provides an excellent pathway to Unitec’s Bachelor of Business (Management) programme
New Zealand Diploma in Business – Leadership and Management courses is a pathway into the Bachelor of Business. The Bachelor of Business (Management) major offers pathways to further your learning in Human Resources or Operations specialisations.
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. A minimum of 14 credits at NCEA Level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau
2. A total of 48 credits at NCEA Level 2 or higher in four subjects:
- Your 48 credits must include 8 credits in English or Teo Reo Māori (4 in reading, 4 in writing)
3. Be 16 years old before the programme starts
4. If English is not your first language, you will need one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
Don't meet the requirements? We also accept:
- A relevant qualification at Level 3 on the NZQF or above or an equivalent qualification; or
- Provide sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses, please click on the course names below. Please note that our systems are updating with new course timetable information for 2020; please check back again soon.
|The Nature of Business (BEBP5101)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To explore the nature of business entities in New Zealand and the impact of the external environment on them.|
|The Business Team (BEBP5102)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||Learners will understand how business organisations operate, the role of stakeholders and how to be effective in the workplace.|
|Working With Other Organisations (BEBP5103)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course ensures that learners will understand the diversity of business organisations and develop skills to operate as a bi-cultural business practitioner.|
|Business Innovation (BEBP5104)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course ensures that learners recognise and evaluate innovation opportunities and their role in implementing business plans.|
|Managing Business Operations (BEBP5701)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course ensures that learners to analyse elements of leadership and act as a leader to develop a positive culture.|
|Identifying the Need For Change (BEBP5702)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course ensures that learners understand the business operations process and techniques involved in during change management|
|Business Planning (BEBP5703)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course ensures that learners understand to plan efficiently and effectively to manage and change business operations processes.|
|Implementing Business Plans (BEBP5704)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course ensures that learners will demonstrate leadership and management skills while executing change management.|