- Current students
- Under 25s
Skilled leadership and management professionals are highly sought after in the business world. Great leaders know how to inspire and motivate people in an organisation. Great managers help their teams achieve company goals by removing process roadblocks and fostering good working relationships. Together, the roles are vital to the growth and success of a business.
You might have a strong interest in the people side of business, or solid leadership and management experience that you’d like to back up with a qualification. Whether you’re new to the workforce or returning to work and need a skills refresher, this programme will prepare you to take on roles leading or managing people and projects.
Here are some of the technical and people skills you’ll develop:
- Attain leadership skills
- Understand operations management, human resource management and change management
- Learn techniques for continuous improvement
- Contribute to business planning
- Manage projects within scope, resources and time
- Negotiate and positively influence others to achieve the organisation's outcomes
- Develop a positive workplace culture and team engagement
- Promote compliance with internal and external requirements
- Great introduction programme. Dip your toes in the diverse pool of business management and develop highly-desirable skills that will enable you to thrive in the business world.
- Get qualified quickly. Study full-time for one year and graduate work-ready.
- Work on practical assignments and real-world cases. Be prepared for what you’ll experience in leadership and management support roles.
- Wrap-around student support. Learn from a well-connected, expert teaching team dedicated to your success. If you need help at any stage, they’ll connect you with our various Student Services.
Interested in higher-level study?
The New Zealand Diploma in Business – Leadership and Management provides an excellent pathway to our Bachelor of Business (Management). You can specialise in Human Resources, or Operations, or our Bachelor of Business (Marketing) programme.
To enter this programme, you’ll need to have one of the following:
- Achievement of NCEA Level 2 including:
- 8 Literacy credits at Level 2 or above; and
- 14 Numeracy credits at Level 1 or above
- An equivalent qualification.
- Successful completion of an approved qualification at Level 3 or above with a relevant pathway
Don’t meet these requirements?
There may be other options available:
- If you’re over 20 and have relevant skills/life experience, or
- If you’re under 20 and have the relevant reading, writing and numeracy skills.
Simply apply online and we’ll be in touch about your next steps.
When you apply for this programme, you must provide proof of your identity (ID) and other documents, such as academic certificates. Please have these handy when you’re ready to apply.
See what documents you may need to provide
English language requirements
You’ll need to meet the following English language requirement:
- 8 NCEA literacy credits at Level 2 or equivalent
If you don’t meet this requirement, you must provide evidence that you have the English proficiency required.
For more information, download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
Unitec is part of Te Pūkenga
On 1 October 2022 Unitec became part of Te Pūkenga. Find out more about Te Pūkenga and what this means for you.