- Current students
This programme provides a solid base of knowledge around brand management, digital marketing, advertising, business analytics and consumer behaviour. Learn how to help an organisation achieve its marketing goals using strategies and applied digital marketing. The Graduate Diploma in Business (Marketing) is ideal if you already have a degree in another field of study or have significant business experience and want a formal qualification.
- Industry Based Learning (IBL) - in the second semester of study, students are offered the opportunity to gain work experience in a real organisation
- Relevant within a variety of organisations, including profit, not-for-profit and public sector organisations, with a focus on small to medium enterprises.
- Customised based your own experience, incorporating industry certifications where applicable
- A mix of on-campus classes, online support and self-directed study
- Small class structure
- Cross credits from the Diploma in Management may be available
- Options for further business study: this programme is a good preparation if you want to move into Unitec's Master of Business or another postgraduate business programme.
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. A recognised degree, a professional qualification in a relevant discipline or the ability to demonstrate competencies equivalent to the above
2. If you're a graduate of Unitec's Bachelor of Business, you cannot be admitted to the Graduate Diploma in Business in the same specialisation in which you majored in the degree
3. A minimum of 8 credits at NCEA Level 2 in English (4 in reading, 4 in writing)
4. If English is your second language, you are required to have one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): 50 with no score lower than 50
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
Don't meet the requirements? We also accept:
- Provide sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission; or
- If you're seeking entry based on work experience, you will be required to demonstrate, in a written application, CV and attestation from suitable referees, that you have substantial professional experience in activities related to this programme, and/or be able to demonstrate equivalent competencies.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
|Marketing Fundamentals (BSNS5340)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To enable students to demonstrate and an understanding of the role and purpose of marketing in organisations.|
|Marketing Management (BSNS6100)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To enable students to understand the concepts, principles and practices of effective marketing management for an organisation.|
|Advanced Marketing (BSNS7100)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To enable students to critically evaluate and develop a marketing strategy for an organisation.|
|Business Analytics (BSNS7162)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To enable students to analyse and apply business information to support organisational decision making.|
|Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) (BSNS7575)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||Students will gain knowledge and practical experience in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) best practices.|
|Digital Marketing (BSNS6363)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course introduces the foundations of digital marketing with the goal of providing students with hands-on experience in developing a digital presence that supports the organisation’s marketing strategy.|
|Integrated Marketing Communications (BSNS6374)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To develop and present an appropriate integrated marketing communications plan incorporating reasoned objectives balanced with creative strategies and tactics.|
|Google Certified (Web-based Advertising and Analytics) (BSNS7110)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||For students to gain practical experience in web based analytics and on-line advertising|
|Organisational Strategies (BSNS7340)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To enable students to participate in the development of corporate and functional strategies using market intelligence.|
|International Business (BSNS7360)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To enable students to examine the drivers and processes shaping the global economic environment of the twenty first century.|
|Internship Based Learning - Marketing (BSNS7389)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To provide students with the opportunity to integrate their learning across their programme of study and to apply theoretical and practical business skills to an approved project/placement in industry. To critically reflect upon the processes undertaken in completing the project/placement.|
|Social Media Marketing (BSNS7474)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||The course examines social media as a contemporary marketing practice, to provide students with knowledge and skills necessary for developing and monitoring strategies connected to an organisation’s overall business goals.|
|Inbound Marketing and Marketing Automation (BSNS7676)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To gain practical experience in Inbound marketing using marketing automation software.|