- Current students
- Under 25s
This programme is no longer offered for new applicants. Please consider the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Business as an alternative. If you've already applied for this programme, we'll contact you about moving to a suitable alternative.
Business is an integral part of modern society and the effects of business activities are felt across the lives of all people. The success of business largely boils down to people; employees who can navigate change and have the knowledge and skills to capitalise upon opportunities and deliver successful outcomes.
In today’s turbulent world, a business’s ability to embrace change is essential; those that fail to do so can easily wind up as dinosaurs – out of touch and unable to compete. The Postgraduate Diploma in Business programme will teach you the critical thinking and problem solving skills that are essential to navigating change and delivering positive business outcomes.
You’ll develop a valuable skillset that sets you apart from the crowd and qualifies you to work in a diverse range of sectors, including business, retail, sales, human resources and marketing. The Postgraduate Diploma in Business is a one-year full-time programme and can build towards a Master of Business.
- Small classes. Facilitated by expert lecturers with strong industry connections and experience.
- Advance your career. No prior experience in business is required.
- Applied learning. Utilise case studies and projects to apply theory and skills to real-world situations.
- Research project. Undertake research in an area of business that interests you. Research supervisors are highly qualified staff with strong links to the business community.
- Flexible timetable. A mix of weekday and evening classes. Classes also have online delivery options to support your learning.
- Scholarship opportunities. You may be entitled to a postgraduate scholarship to help fund your studies.
- Boost your earning potential. New skills and technical knowledge will allow you to move up the ranks within an organisation.
Once you've successfully completed this programme, you could continue your studies with the Master of Business
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. A recognised Bachelor's degree in the same or similar discipline, with merit achievement deemed to be an average grade of B- or higher in all Level 7 courses; OR
2. A professional qualification in a relevant discipline, recognised as being equivalent to merit achievement in a Bachelor’s degree.
3. 8 credits at NCEA Level 2 in English (4 in reading, 4 in writing).
4. If English is your second language, you are required to have one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
Don't meet the requirements? We also accept:
- An undergraduate degree in an unrelated discipline, with merit achievement; or
- A graduate diploma qualification in the same or similar discipline, with a B grade average or better.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.