Student advocates

Student Advocates offer all students free and confidential advice. They can help you tackle academic or personal issues that you might experience during your studies.

You should contact a Student Advocate if you:

  • Experience a problem with the quality, teaching or administration of your course
  • Have concerns about the facilities you are using
  • Feel you’ve been treated unfairly
  • Disagree with your assignment, exam or final grade and would like it reconsidered
  • Have experienced harassment, bullying or discrimination by staff or students
  • Have been ill or experienced personal issues that affect your studies, and you want to apply for special consideration
  • Have general concerns about Unitec you want help to voice
  • Want to learn about your legal rights

Contact a Student Advocate

Student Advocates are available at the Waitakere campus every Tuesday and Thursday at Student Central. They can also come to the Northern campus, by appointment.

WhereBuilding 111 - Room 1025, Mt Albert campus
Phone0800 10 95 10 ext 8600

Student policies

Unitec has a number of policies that cover all aspects of the student experience. Find out what the policies are on our Unitec Policies page, and what they mean for you as a student.