- Current students
Please note: This programme is pending NZQA approval, however if you register your interest below, we'll be in touch with further updates.
This programme is ideal if you want to go on to higher-level study in Architecture and Architectural Technology. It's perfect for people that have completed secondary school, or have not completed secondary school, or those looking for a career in a creative discipline.
- Speed your way into the Bachelor of Architectural Studies, New Zealand Diploma in Architectural Technology and gain the maths required for entry;
- Tailored content for Architecture programmes this means the content is highly relevant to the programme in which you want to enter;
- A mix of classroom sessions, practical activities, critique sessions, guest speakers, discussions, presentations and online learning;
- A chance to take engage with Unitec's marae, a great setting to explore m?tauranga M?ori and the role of culture in communication.
Where to from here?
Please note: International students who graduate will NOT be eligible for a post study work visa upon completion of this programme.
These admission requirements are pending NZQA approval.
For this programme, you will need the following:
- A minimum of 4 years’ secondary education;
- Be 16 years old by the time the programme starts;
- A minimum total of 40 NCEA credits at level 2 in four subjects, including:
- A minimum of 8 English credits at level 2 or higher;
- University Entrance numeracy (or equivalent);
- If you haven't met the above NCEA requirements, you'll need one of the following:
- A relevant qualification at Level 3 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework or equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate or Cambridge), or;
- The New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3), including FSTU 3921 Bioscience, or;
- Attend a Skills Review session, where students’ literacy and numeracy levels will be assessed.
If English is not your first language, you will need one of the following:
- Academic IELTS level 5.5 with no band lower than 5, or;
- The New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 (Applied).
If you don’t meet the English criteria above, we have a range of English Language programmes available, depending on your current level of ability.
If you don’t meet these requirements, you may still apply under special or discretionary entrance, or try our New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3).
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
Coming soon, pending NZQA approval.