For international students, living with a local family in homestay accommodation is a good way to settle in to a new country. Your host family will support you and make sure you’re comfortable and it’s also a great way to experience the New Zealand lifestyle.
All homestay families are committed to your care and safety. We use an approved homestay agency, Host Families NZ, to help with student placement, police checks of host families and home inspections.
If you are an international student under the age of 18, you will be required to live in homestay accommodation.Host Families NZ offer great value and are a dedicated team of caring professionals that ensure students have an ultimately safe, enjoyable and worthwhile learning experience.
To apply for a homestay, please complete the Homestay Application Form included with your Offer of Place or download the form here.
Homestay Services ensure that:
- You are met at the airport and taken directly to your homestay
- You are well cared for
- There are follow up meetings to make sure you and your host family are compatible and happy.
- You have your own fully furnished room and fresh linen
- Laundry facilities will be available for you to use.
- Breakfast and dinner is provided every day together with lunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
Homestay costs include:
- Homestay fee will vary according to your age, meal plans and special requirements. It costs between NZ$275-NZ$300 per week.
- A placement fee of NZ$280
- An optional airport transfer fee of NZ$100 each way.
- Unitec Homestay Support Administrative fee of NZ$100
Please note that homestay fees will now be paid directly to Host Families NZ.
If you would like any further information, please email Host Families NZ at firstname.lastname@example.org