- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- In this course, students will be introduced to the concepts of sustainability and the principles of ecologically sustainable design as related to our human constructed environments. Introducing a range of Design for Environment (DfE) philosophies and strategies, students will engage with knowledge and techniques that can be applied in product and interior project developments and design processes to minimise the ecological impact of our designs. Additionally this course explores the influence that design has in relation to environmental issues such as climate change, environmental degradation and social sustainability.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Creative Enterprise programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
Sustainable Design Strategies Environmental degradation caused by consumption Climate change and resource issues
Interaction of economic, social, cultural and environmental considerations and issues in Western society and developing nations DfE
Eco philosophies, guidelines, tools and strategies DfE
Lifecycle thinking and analysis
Industrial design best practice relating to environmental design Spatial design best practice relating to environmental design Future industrial and manufacturing strategies Economic theory and economics
Introduction to sustainable business practice Planned obsolescence Designing for recycling, reuse and disposal Cultural and ethical issues Cradle-to-cradle
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 5011. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Jul 17 - 27 Sep 17||Studio||Wednesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (001-2143)|
|18 Oct 17 - 22 Nov 17||Studio||Wednesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (001-2143)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Creative Enterprise.