- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to examine global systems of communication and information flows and the contribution of these systems to effective international communication management. Students will review international communication theory, learning how the informed management of global information may enhance effective international relationships and international organisational communication practices within developed and developing countries.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Pre-requisite: Any other Level 6 course from a degree at Unitec. Restriction: COMM7432.
- Topics include:
Globalisation, factors influencing international perspectives, definition, the history and significance of international communication and information, international communication theory,
Economic and trade; culture, language and human rights; politics and propaganda; the role of technology; law and regulation of international communication; implications for diplomacy.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|1 Mar 18 - 12 Apr 18||Lab||Thursday||13:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (023-1020)|
|3 May 18 - 7 Jun 18||Lab||Thursday||13:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (023-1020)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Communication (Event Management), Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies), Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations), Graduate Diploma in Event Communication.