- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable the student to investigate an area of industry and to compose and present a formal research proposal.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Applied Technology programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisite: APTE6104. Restriction: APPT7116.
- Topics include:
Appropriate selection from following topics
Methodologies including experimental, case study, action research
Research methods including experiments, surveys, interviews
Data collection and analysis
Appropriateness of techniques
Establishment of industry links and information gathering (links, internship, desk research), Types of research relevant to industry matters
Industry-linked choice of a research area, Communication with supervisors
Formal research proposal
Research preparation (ethics approval, literature, reviews, referencing)
Selection of investigation and of appropriate research techniques
Formal presentation of proposal
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1198. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5041. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|24 Jul 17 - 25 Sep 17||Lecture||Monday||13:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (112-2001)|
|16 Oct 17 - 20 Nov 17||Lecture||Monday||13:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (112-2001)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Applied Technology - Automotive Engineering, Bachelor of Applied Technology - Electrotechnology.