|IMS Service Availability Status|
Service Availability Status: OK.
|IMS Help Desk Hours of Support|
|Phone and Mt Albert Hub Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8.00am - 8.00pm || Saturday: 9.00am - 4.00pm || Sunday: Closed
Building 3 and Waitākere Hours: Monday - Friday: 8.00am - 4.30pm
Welcome to the Information Management Services support page for students. If new to Unitec we suggest you click on the Getting Started tab at the top of this page. There you will find quick guides to accessing the computers and information systems at Unitec. More information can be found under the other tabs provided.
The first time you login to the Student Portal you will be prompted to set up some security features so that you can reset your own password if you ever need to (see section Set up Password Reset facility below). If you haven’t already done this and require your password reset, please contact the IMS Help desk Ph: +64 9 815 4321 Extn 8484.
Set up Password Reset facility
- This is a one time process by which you can set up some an alternative method for microsoft to contact you should you forget your password
- You can choose the method to be phone text message or by answering some questions that only you would know the answer to
- If you have a New Zealand mobile Phone, then we recommend you select the ‘Authentication Phone’ option (and choose Text me), as it is quicker and easier
- Follow the prompts
- Hit ‘looks good’
Forgotten your Password?
- Go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com
- Enter your email address and the capture characters
- Hit ‘Next’
- If your challenge question or mobile phone has not been previously set, contact the IMS Help desk Ph: +64 9 815 4321 Extn 8484
- Select the verification option if available and provide the challenge answers required or supply the code delivered to your mobile phone
- Enter a new a new password and click ‘Finish’
Free 4 U
Unitec Free4U Computing offers free introductory (Level 1) self-directed courses for the community. These courses will give you the opportunity to develop your computer skills and are suitable for those new to computers, those wanting to upskill for job opportunities, further study or personal interest. Courses are offered in Henderson and we are opening soon in Birkenhead.