|IMS Service Availability Status|
Service Availability Status: OK.
|IMS Help Desk Hours of Support|
|Phone and Mt Albert Hub Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8.00am - 8.00pm || Saturday: 9.00am - 4.00pm || Sunday: Closed
Building 3 and Waitākere Hours: Monday - Friday: 8.00am - 4.30pm
You can access the Unitec computers using your Username and Password that is supplied via a letter after you enrol. If you haven’t received these login details, you can obtain your network username from the IMS Help Desk by calling extn 8484 (DDI 815-2908) or by visiting the helpdesk in Te Puna at Mt Albert or first level at Waikākere Campus. You will be asked to provide a valid Student ID card or show your drivers license to prove your identity. If you are calling the IMS Help Desk you will need to answer a number of security questions.
Students only have access to the MAC machines if enrolled in a course that requires them to do so. Accessing the MAC machines is similar to accessing a PC.
You can use your network Username to log into these Unitec systems:
- Unitec Computers – student computers in labs, or Unitec owned laptops/netbooks/ipads and other mobile devices.
- Unitec Wi-Fi (see WiFi on Campus)
- Moodle – to access course content from your lecturer.
- Student Self Service – to access your personal details and final grades.
- Unitec Library – to request library books, search databases, access ebooks, eJournals & other online resources.
You use your Unitec email address to log into the following:
- The Student Portal
- Office 365 account
Your Unitec email address will be your username followed by @myunitec.ac.nz (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
To allow other people to use the computer after you, make sure you ‘sign out’. Please do not ‘Shut Down’ as this is inconvenient for the next person too.