|IT Service Availability Status|
Service Availability Status: OK.
|IT Help Desk Hours of Support|
|Phone and Mt Albert Hub Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8.00am - 8.00pm || Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Sign In to campus computers
You can access the Unitec computers using your Username and Password that is supplied via a letter after you enrol. If you haven’t received these login details, you can obtain your network username from the IT Help Desk by calling extn 8484 (DDI 815-2908) or by visiting the helpdesk in Te Puna at Mt Albert or first level at Waikākere Campus. You will be asked to provide a valid Student ID card or show your drivers license to prove your identity. If you are calling the IMS Help Desk you will need to answer a number of security questions.
Students only have access to the Apple computers if enrolled in a course that requires them to do so. Accessing these is similar to accessing a Windows PC.
You can use your network Username to log into these Unitec systems:
- Unitec Computers – student computers in labs, or Unitec owned laptops/netbooks/ipads and other mobile devices.
- Unitec Wi-Fi (see WiFi on Campus)
- Moodle – to access course content from your lecturer.
- Student Self Service – to access your personal details and final grades.
- Unitec Library – to request library books, search databases, access ebooks, eJournals & other online resources.
You use your Unitec email address to log into the following:
- The Student Portal
- Office 365 account
Your Unitec email address will be your username followed by @myunitec.ac.nz (e.g. email@example.com)
To allow other people to use the computer after you, make sure you ‘sign out’. Please do not ‘Shut Down’ as this is inconvenient for the next person too.
Set up Password Reset facility
The first time you login to the Student Portal you will be prompted to set up some security features so that you can reset your own password if you ever need to. This is a one-time setup process.
- If you have a New Zealand mobile Phone, then we recommend you select the ‘Authentication Phone’ option (and choose Text me), as it is quicker and easier. If you don’t have a NZ phone, then you must choose question option.
- Follow the prompts
- Hit ‘looks good’
Forgotten your Password?
Note: If you haven’t yet done the steps above and require your password reset, please contact the IMS Help desk
- Go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com
- Enter your email address and the capture characters
- Hit ‘Next’
- Select the verification option if available and provide the challenge answers required or supply the code delivered to your mobile phone
- Enter a new a new password and click ‘Finish’