- Current students
- Under 25s
Student services and support
Listed below are just some of our student support services who are here to help you achieve your academic and personal aspirations.
Success & achievement
- The Student Learning & Achievement team provides academic support, while our Library Knowledge Specialists help you navigate the library.
- The Careers Development team can assist in mapping out your career pathway, whereas our Access4Success team supports students with impairments.
- The English Language Learning Section helps those studying to improve their English, where our IMS (Information Management Systems) team provides IT Support.
Health & wellbeing
- Te Puna Waiora is our fully-equipped medical centre that can support both your physical and mental well-being, with counselling services, free nurse visits and affordable doctors’ appointments.
- Burn off some energy at our well-equipped Sports Centre with a gym and stadium, or hit a few balls at the National Squash Centre right next door. As a Unitec student, you can get a discounted rate.
- The Student Council (Te Kaunihera Akonga o Wairaka), Student Advocates, and our Student Support Advisors, are all here to offer support and advice, not only for academic study but life as well.
- In class, you have the support of your elected Class Rep, who ensures both positive and negative feedback is passed on to the institution.
- Our dedicated Te Noho Kotahitanga Marae and Pacific Centre are a support network for you and your whānau/fanau.
- There’s also the Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Service, a place for students to connect on a spiritual level.
- Our student hubs, Te Puna at Mt Albert and Learning Commons at Waitākere, give you the space you need to be social or to pull out your books and comfortably bury yourself in your studies.
- Join or create a student club with the support of our Clubs and Sports team. Explore our beautiful country with our Experience NZ team.
- Or, connect with our ALLY Network, a group of staff and students who value diversity and support building an inclusive working and learning environment for all staff and students.
Support for parents
- The Unitec Early Learning Centre believes that tamariki (children) get the best start in a learning environment that nurtures, excites and inspires. As a Unitec student, you’ll receive additional benefits.
- We also have child friendly spaces on campus, and understand how important it is for you and your children to have support while you study.
Help on campus
- Our Student Central’s (Te Pae Kōrero) and Ask Me desks can answer any questions you may have when on campus. Our team of advisors can connect you to a wide range of student support services available.
In addition to the above, International Students can also seek support and guidance from our International Student Advisors.
A number of our support services include self-help tools or host a number of online resources to support you in your studies.