- Current students
- Under 25s
The interview will help us understand more about your skills and experience, how you work and the kind of environment that you work best in. Similarly, you will have the opportunity to find out more about the position, team and what it’s like to work at Unitec.
- Review the position description and do some online research about Unitec in preparation for your interview.
- Relax and be yourself. It’s easier said than done, but we want to meet the real you.
- Think about why you have applied for this particular position and what value you will add.
- Be ready to discuss your strengths, expertise and any experience that appears on your resume.
- We conduct competency-based interviews at Unitec. We recommend you utilise the STAR technique to help you structure your answers.
- Come prepared with meaningful questions for your interviewers. Questions demonstrate your level of understanding, your interests and your passions, and help you learn about the company. So don’t hold back.
- It’s perfectly acceptable to think for a moment about your answer before you start talking.
- If you don’t understand a question, ask us and we will try to explain it in a different way. Remember, your interview is an opportunity for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you.
- Please remember to bring along two forms of ID to your interview (one primary and one secondary). Don’t forget a copy of the map provided – Unitec is big!
- Also, if you walk out of the interview, get in your car and think “why didn’t I ask that question?” Don’t worry. You can always contact our friendly Recruitment team to find out the answer.
Ready to apply?
If you would like to work at Unitec and you are ready to submit your application, please check out our current job vacancies.