- 30 (0.25 EFTS)
- To enable students to increase understanding of specialised theories, concepts and techniques for screen development and production. This course focuses on evolving a personal methodology that will give expression to individual creative development and practice in the two areas of writing and production.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts programme or the Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisites for BPSA: PASA5302 & PASA5312.
- Topics include:
Art direction - Continuity of design and style, Design assessment Design and lighting visualisation Developing ideas and an individual voice Elements of visual language
Filmic language Health and safety issues Ideas and the creative process of writing Interaction with production teams, artists or actors
Legal processes and codes of practice in a range of situations Location scouting, permits and organizing. Organisational planning and responsibilities Director / producer relationships Schedules and budgets
Production software Production logistics, Public relations Production manager / Assistant director Screen writing - Character, Dialogue, Narrative form, Sequencing time Scripts, Draft screenplay
Similarities and differences for each medium Studio and location art department practices and techniques The voice and the written word Visual writing - visual language in screen narrative
Learning and teaching approaches
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner in both practical/workshop/lab and lecture/seminar/tutorial modes Collaborative learning and project environments
Activities include self-directed learning, individual and class exercises, field trips, work in groups, guest lectures & on-line blog/journal
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Formal reflection, class forum and survey
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|27 Feb 18 - 10 Apr 18||Studio||Tuesday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (012-1003)|
|Tuesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (012-1003)|
|28 Feb 18 - 11 Apr 18||Studio||Wednesday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (012-1003)|
|1 Mar 18 - 12 Apr 18||Studio||Thursday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (012-1003)|
|1 May 18 - 26 Jun 18||Studio||Tuesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (012-1003)|
|Tuesday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (012-1003)|
|2 May 18 - 27 Jun 18||Studio||Wednesday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (012-1003)|
|3 May 18 - 28 Jun 18||Studio||Thursday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (012-1003)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Screen Arts), Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice.