- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To provide a practical course in which students employ advanced theories, concepts and techniques in specialised creative practice. This course focuses on consolidating the ability to create and realise complex work in a variety of contexts. Students demonstrate self-reliance and expertise appropriate to the profession while applying critical judgement to creative decisions.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice programme or the Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
Associations, implications and interpretations pertaining to a given concept or brief Capability in media technologies, Digital technologies, Production technologies Collaborative skills, Effective interaction with production teams
Communication and presentation strategies and techniques Creative ownership, Creative process as a personal practice, Contextual associations Creative production & design ethics and tikanga, Critical social responsibility and a hermeneutic,
historical perspective in creative production Creative work in relation to professional practice, Professionalism in self management Diagnosis of operational problems
Ethics and accountability in creative practice, Contracts/credits/rights and responsibilities, Intellectual property Integrating theory and practice in the invention, aesthetics, function, and critique of creative production proposals
Management of creative process, business, and production Organisational and interactive aspects of creative production, Complex responsibilities and procedures in production context, Realising creative concepts innovatively
Professional skills in research (practical and theoretical), historical/political background, Independence and critical analysis in creative research Specialised creative and aesthetic aspects of creative production, Implications and outcomes of a
conceptual approach to creative production, Specialist technical and operational knowledge and skills Start to finish seeing the project through
Learning and Teaching
Collaborative workshops/projects Lectures and Tutorials Feedback sessions/ Discussions Individual and group exercises Guest professionals
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Feb 18 - 9 Apr 18||Lecture||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1004)|
|30 Apr 18 - 25 Jun 18||Lecture||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1004)|
Class: 5163. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice.