- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to gain a practical understanding of the techniques of acting presentations skills, voice and movement. This course focuses on giving a hands-on experience to participants in workshop and classroom exercises.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
Actor's preparation and warm up Acting techniques Advanced physical expression and musicality
Advanced stage movement Character development techniques Collaborative skills (creative & performance)
Communicate a character's ideas and intentions Containing and maintaining energy Costumes, lighting and sets
Development of actor's work Digital technologies Dress rehearsal
Exploration of creativity Film techniques Free, clear, resonant and unconstricted sound in speech Improvisation
Movement Fundamentals Performance skills Performance spaces & technologies
Physical dexterity Production processes Reading out loud
Rehearsal techniques Relationship with the audience Relationships with director and other personnel
Stage movement techniques Taking direction Text analysis
Text analysis Theatre language Use of the space Voice
Learning and teaching approaches
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner, including individual and group exercises, collaborative workshops/exercises
Analyses of written, visual, aural and performance texts Feedback sessions/ Discussions
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Group reflection and individual survey
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Feb 18 - 9 Apr 18||Studio||Monday||17:00 - 20:00||Mt Albert (006-2030)|
|30 Apr 18 - 25 Jun 18||Studio||Monday||17:00 - 20:00||Mt Albert (006-2030)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Applied Science (Science Communication), Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice.