- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To interact effectively and professionally in creative partnership with creative production staff and production crews to realise production of original/selected documentary material. This course focuses on giving a hands-on experience to participants in workshop and classroom exercises.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
Art direction Cinematography/director of photography Contracts/credits/rights and responsibilities Creative ownership
Design and lighting visualisation Digital technology Documentary Editing
Effective interaction with production teams Make-up Music and soundtrack Organisational planning
Politics and economics of content provision Post-production Production design Production management and production meetings
Professional mores, ethics, standards, responsibilities and collaborative relationships Realise creative ideas Research historical/political background Screen technology
Script analysis Story telling techniques Strategic planning and goal setting Working with writer/ scriptwriter/ script editor
Learning and teaching approaches
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner in both practical/workshop/lab and lecture/seminar/tutorial modes
Activities include self-directed learning, individual and class exercises, field trips, work in groups, guest lectures and online discussion
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Group reflection and individual survey
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Feb 18 - 9 Apr 18||Lecture||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (001-1134)|
|30 Apr 18 - 25 Jun 18||Lecture||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (001-1134)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Creative Enterprise, Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Contemporary Dance), Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Acting for Screen and Theatre), Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Production Design and Management), Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Screen Arts), Graduate Diploma in Creative Enterprise, Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice.