- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To evaluate the requirements of, and design water-, wastewater- and storm water reticulation systems.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisite: ENGGDE5203.
- Topics include:
Water supply sources, Water demand, Water reticulation system components, Water reticulation analysis, Reticulation installation and maintenance, Water reservoirs
Hydrological cycle, Surface run-off determination, Infiltration, Storm water reticulation components and design, Storm water buffering, Storm water disposal, Impact of storm water run-off
Waste water sources and quantities, Waste water collection and reticulation system components design and maintenance
More efficient use of water, ,water metering, recycled water
Pump station layout and components, Variable capacity requirements, Sump capacity Series, parallel and variable pump operation, Pump system (sump, pump and rising main) optimisation
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 5609. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|28 Jul 17 - 29 Sep 17||Lecture||Friday||13:00 - 16:00||Mt Albert (112-4001)|
|20 Oct 17 - 3 Nov 17||Lecture||Friday||13:00 - 16:00||Mt Albert (112-4001)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Civil).