- Current students
- Under 25s
How Covid-19 impacts the Unitec Industry Events?
Acknowledging the importance of setting up a platform for industry to access Unitec talent amidst the current Covid-19 challenge, we are now offering the option of hosting online meetings/webinars, online Q & A, which we can set up on your behalf. Connect Events can either be delivered virtually and in-person depending on the industry/discipline requirement. We can also host your organisation to deliver Virtual Recruitment Presentations or register your recruitment event dates so we can promote it to our graduates and students.
Connect Events are now delivered both virtually (co-hosted with other ITPs) and in-person depending on the needs of the industry/discipline and our learners. Promote your organisation either in person or online. Grab this opportunity to meet, greet and learn about potential employees.
2021 Industry Events
This year Unitec have redefined these events and together with other ITPS in New Zealand delivered the New Zealand Super Fairs.
VIRTUAL SUPER FAIRS (These are co-hosted with other ITPs)
- Engineering Careers Super Fair, Tuesday 10 August
- Construction Careers Super Fair, Tuesday 17 August
- Business & Consulting Super Fair, Tuesday 24 August
- Computing & Technology Super Fair, Tuesday 31 August
- Health Care Super Fair, Tuesday 7 September
- Diversity Careers Super Fair, Tuesday 14 September
- Creative Industries Super Fair, Tuesday 19 October
ON CAMPUS EVENTS (Assuming Level 1)
- EAS Connect, 3 November 12.00 to 2.00 pm, Te Puna Events Kitchen
- Carpentry Connect, 16 November 5.30 to 7.30 pm, Mataaho
- Plumbing and Gasfitting Connect, 17 November 5.30 to 7.30 pm, Mataaho
- Electrical Connect, 30 November 5.30 to 7.30 pm, Mataaho
Recruitment presentations provide access to targeted Unitec audiences based on your business requirements. Through this, your business will be able to:
- Build brand awareness by connecting you with targeted students and graduates
- Establish your talent pipeline by building relationships with students and graduates
- Offer mentoring and career advice to our students and graduates
One- Hour-Session. This is a virtual recruitment presentation with Q & A
You can decide on the content of your presentation. Ideas include: videos, competitions, speed interviewing, talks from Unitec alumni and more.
What's included in your registration
- Promotion (including website listing and social media post)
- Technology support (setting up of Zoom meeting and registration)
- Facilitation (our careers team to be present during the day to help with Q & A)
- Inclusion of your programme in our recruitment calendar (available to all students)
This is a great way of promoting your graduate and internship programmes to drive additional traffic to your job listings via our Job Site or your own website. They can also be used to promote other opportunities and events, or to remind students of approaching closing dates for graduate and internship programmes.
We can send your communications to your preferred group of students. We are able to identify those students by discipline and year of study so please send us the subject heading, content, and your logo to ensure your messages and branding are consistent.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Industry Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising job vacancies, internship or placement opportunities
Unitec have partnered with Prosple to enable our partner employers to display employment and placement opportunities to our students. Click the links below to know more and to advertise opportunities.