- Current students
Work completed on site includes
- All carpentry work - kitchen cupboards, bench tops, sink insert, under the bench oven, cook-top, waste disposal unit supplied and installed
- All plumbing pipe work is installed and tested and waste-pipes are taken through the floor for connection after relocation
- Installation of HW cylinder and laundry super tub
- All tapware is supplied and installed
- All wiring is completed and tested and all flush plates, switches, lighting, ducted heat/light fans and external lights are installed
- Bath, 2 x vanities, 2 x showers and 2 x WCs are installed
- These houses are built as part of a student project and take approximately 12 months to finish.
- The houses are finished to a post line stage and you will need to arrange you own building consent from your local authority
- We build approximately 7 houses per year but this dependant on student numbers
- Normally you can choose the colour of the roof, exterior windows weather board stain and kitchen colour
- The plans are standard and we do not make any changes to them due to the time restraints and teaching curriculum
- Due to excessive enquiries we do not keep a waiting list. Your email will be filed away and we will contact on a first in first serves basis
- The house are designed to suit a high wind zone
The following work needs to be completed by the buyer
- Floor sanding or floor coverings
- Stopping to wall and ceiling linings
- All floor coverings including wet areas done by buyer
- Decks / foundation work
- Relocation costs
How much does a relocatable house cost?
The finished cost for each relocatable house is approximate $150,000.00 (including GST).
Each house has a floor area of 114 sq metres and comprises three bedrooms, two bathrooms (one an ensuite) and a lounge/kitchen/dining area. You also have the option of selecting from two individual floor plans.
The price does not include decks, stairs or relocation costs to your own site.
How much does it cost to relocate a house?
An approximate cost to relocate a house on to a flat site is (includes pole foundations and insurance)
- Greater Auckland: $15,000 - $25,000
- Coromandel region: $12,000 - $15,000
- Whangarei region: $13,000 - $16,000
- Waiheke Island: $12,000 - $14,000 (+ $8000.00 additional cost for barge/ferry)
What do I do if I want to buy a house?
Check with a house mover that the relocation of the house is feasible in terms of cost and accessibility to your site. You should also check any council and sub-division regulations or covenants that may specify the type, size and quality of building permitted on the site. It is advisable to discuss your options with your lending facility in regard to relocatable houses.
A 10% deposit is required when you sign the sale and purchase agreement. 50% of the remaining balance is required when the house is able to be locked up (usually halfway through the building process). The full balance is payable upon completion.
The houses meet relevant building codes and local authority requirements and students are under constant supervision while working on the houses. We endeavour to maintain the highest standard of workmanship possible.
Please contact Joey Pitovao firstname.lastname@example.org.