- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to be able to conduct cost modelling processes and quantify work to be done and prepare estimates of cost for moderately complex work packages for bidding purposes.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Pre-requisite: CONS6201.
- Topics include:
Cost modelling practices
Common process models; Common tools and techniques for setting budgets and designing to budget targets.Early price estimating and advice at inception, concept and design brief stages.
Typical functional unit estimating methods.Cost analysis and estimation practice; Cost analyses of existing projects; Constructing a cost database library; Data sources; Data validation;
; Cost price indexes.Design phase estimating and cost management
Providing early budget breakdown; Procedures for design phase cost management; Monitoring designs and providing progressive advice.
Design economics including issues such as building morphology that impact on building costs.Use of manual and computer based techniques in quantity surveying practice.Unit rate estimating techniques.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|2 Oct 18 - 13 Nov 18||Lecture||Tuesday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (183-1104)|
|4 Oct 18 - 15 Nov 18||Lecture||Thursday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (183-1104)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Construction (Construction Management), Bachelor of Construction (Property Development), Bachelor of Construction (Construction Economics).