- 30 (0.25 EFTS)
- COMM 8176 Strategic Communication aims to develop sound knowledge and competencies of the theories relevant to strategic communication and information management within globalised organisational settings: examine and evaluate processes for managing strategic communication and information management processes; develop communication and information management strategies which may be integrated into the corporate strategic plan.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to Bachelor of Communication (Honours) or Postgraduate Diploma in International Communication or Master of International Communication or Master of Business or Postgraduate Diploma in Business to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
Theories and models of corporate communication, current corporate communication practices and motivations, corporate values and social responsibilites, corporate identity, image, crisis, issues and reputation management,
internal and external stakeholder communication, media relationships with NFP, profit and government organisations, information environment of organisations,
assessment of strategic communication practices, the design and presentation of communication and information management strategies
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|24 Jul 18 - 25 Sep 18||Lecture||Tuesday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (023-1009)|
|16 Oct 18 - 30 Oct 18||Lecture||Tuesday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (023-1009)|