- 30 (0.25 EFTS)
- The course equips students with - Understanding of theories relevant to managing interpersonal, collaborative and organisational communication, and - The ability to develop, plan and execute communication strategy that will achieve a positive organisational communication culture and climate, that in turn create the platform for engagement, organisational advocacy and reputation. Suitable for individuals with careers or career interests in corporate communication, media, strategic planning, human resource management, communication consulting, and related general management functions.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to Bachelor of Communication (Honours) or Postgraduate Diploma in International Communication or Master of International Communication or Master of Business or the Postgraduate Diploma in Business to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
Topics may include but are not limited to
Organisational communication theories and models, organisational narrative and metaphor, organisational discourse, management and organisation as communication, intrapersonal communication,
perception and self awareness, communication style, team roles, managing barriers to communication, collaborative communication, verbal and nonverbal communication,
leadership; media communication; social media; effective oral presentations, briefings and interpersonal influence; formatting reports and plans; stakeholder relationship management in an online world.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|27 Feb 18 - 10 Apr 18||Lecture||Tuesday||16:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (182-2001)|
|1 May 18 - 5 Jun 18||Lecture||Tuesday||16:30 - 20:30||Mt Albert (182-2001)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Master of Business, Master of International Communication, Postgraduate Diploma in Business, Postgraduate Diploma in International Communication.