- 15.0 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to analyse the road transport guidelines and its application in business processes.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Applied Technology programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
1. Components of road transport
vehicles, infrastructure and operating personnel. Passenger, freight and special goods transportation. General requirements for participants in road transportation systems. Transporting dangerous or hazardous goods.
2.Regulations for designing, testing, building, modification, maintenance and recycling of road vehicles. Standards for safety, environmental performance and energy efficiency.
Roadworthiness inspection and compliance. Vehicle certification, registration and licensing.
3.Safety, security and environmental requirements for road system, terminals, refuelling depots, parking and maintenance facilities.
4.Requirements for operators
selection, training and licensing. Drivers? medical certification. Control of work time and work conditions. Supervision of driver?s performance. Certification of personnel for vehicle maintenance.
5.Global, regional, national and industry levels of regulation. Regulatory organisations in New Zealand
Ministry of Transport and NZ Transport Agency.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Jul 18 - 27 Sep 18||Lecture||Thursday||13:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (182-1002)|
|18 Oct 18 - 22 Nov 18||Lecture||Thursday||13:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (182-1002)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Applied Technology - Automotive Engineering, Bachelor of Applied Technology - Transport Management.