- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To develop a sound understanding of large-scale and multi-storey construction, structure and associated services.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Architectural Studies programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisite: ARCH6412.
- Topics include:
Site works, foundation and sub-structure systems, structural systems (in reinforced concrete or steel), construction systems, cladding systems, window systems, internal fit-out, fire protection (overview).
Services and design, passive cooling systems, sustainability and sustainable systems, heating systems, energy and energy management systems,
mechanical ventilation, refrigeration, air conditioning, and electrical systems; emergency power; vertical transportation systems; fire protection systems and smoke clearance; advanced passive solar design; solar control.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|23 Jul 18 - 27 Aug 18||Lecture||Monday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (001-2075)|
|26 Jul 18 - 30 Aug 18||Lecture||Thursday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (001-2076)|
|17 Sep 18 - 22 Oct 18||Lecture||Monday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (001-2075)|
|20 Sep 18 - 25 Oct 18||Lecture||Thursday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (001-2076)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Architectural Studies.