- 15.0 (0.125 EFTS)
- To promote a successful understanding of the basic concepts of health and ill-health and its indicators, potential causes and the signs of abnormal health and treatment protocols in relation to the work of an animal welfare investigator.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Certificate in Animal Welfare Investigations programme to enrol in this course. Students must enrol in both NSCI4050-SA & NSCI4050-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
Normal, problem and abnormal behaviour.
Safe working practices
OSH, handling, restraint and transport.
Preliminary examination, preventative health care, health assessment procedures, health care programmes, indicators of health and ill health, and disease,
Housing and basic enclosure design, and safe and hygienic maintenance requirements,
Emergency first aid
Assessment, restraint, provision of emergency first aid, and procedures,
Purpose, situations, legal responsibilities, methods and equipment.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|2 Jul 18 - 2 Jul 18||Lab||Monday||13:00 - 16:00||Mt Albert (114-3015)|
|2 Jul 18 - 7 Jul 18||Lecture||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday||12:00 - 16:00||Mt Albert (115-1008)|
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday||08:00 - 12:00||Mt Albert (115-1008)|
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday||16:00 - 18:00||Mt Albert (115-1008)|
|4 Jul 18 - 4 Jul 18||Lab||Wednesday||16:00 - 18:00||Mt Albert (115-3010)|
|Wednesday||13:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (114-3015)|
Class: 2154. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Certificate in Animal Welfare Investigations.