- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to work collaboratively with those involved in the creative process of screen and theatre. The course focuses on collaboration and establishing the disciplines and methodologies for actor training in a hands on environment.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
Acting for screen - its historical and genre development Basic character techniques in performance Devised performance techniques Digital technologies Evaluate final 'on screen' performance
Film equipment Film Making Process Film technology Genre and style and may include - Physical Theatre, Story Theatre, Drama, Tragedy, Comedy Improvisation
Live acting techniques in performance Mask training (Neutral mask, Larval mask and the Red Nose) Performance technologies Preparation techniques Preparation techniques for screen acting
Production technologies Rehearsal techniques Screen narrative Screen studies
Skills in front of the camera Text analysis Text-based performance techniques
Learning and teaching approaches
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner in both practical/workshop/lab and lecture/seminar/tutorial modes
Collaborative learning and project environments Activities include self-directed learning, individual and class exercises, field trips, work in groups, guest lectures & on-line blog/journal
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Formal reflection, class forum and survey
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Feb 18 - 9 Apr 18||Lecture||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (001-1009)|
|30 Apr 18 - 25 Jun 18||Lecture||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (001-1009)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Acting for Screen and Theatre).