Bachelor of Applied Technology - Marine
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
7, 360 3.0
Full-time for three years or part-time (day) options available
Mt Albert campus
Semester dates for 2014 will be advised.
NZ$5894 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
Gain a sound understanding of the marine industry and learn about every aspect of yacht design. Improve your knowledge of composites, lofting and small craft design, marine interiors and marine machinery.
Do you want a career in the marine industry? There is a huge demand for graduates from this programme, both in New Zealand and around the world. You'll become knowledgeable about boat design and prepare yourself for a wide range of roles in the marine industry, in New Zealand or overseas. Become familiar with all aspects of yacht design, gain confidence in the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD), and improve your understanding of operating a business.
- A chance to decide which part of the marine industry interests you the most: computer design and drafting, composites and material engineering, systems and machinery, or interior and finishing.
- Course content that incorporates the latest industry developments.
- Staff who are members of industry organisations like the Marine Industry Association and the Royal Institution of Naval Architects.
- Visits from industry representatives who frequently recruit our graduates for their companies.
- A major industry project where you can make valuable contacts for your career.
Last edited: 04 September 2013