Diploma in Landscape Design
|Programme summary||Career opportunities||Courses & timetables||Admission requirements|
5, 240 2.0
Full-time for two years or part-time options available
Starts February or July
Mt Albert campus
Semester dates for 2014:
Semester 1: 3 March - 27 June; Semester 2: 21 July - 14 November
NZ$5344 (Approximate fee only, find out more about the costs of study)
Are you looking for a creative career in landscape garden design? Develop a solid grounding in plant selection, garden design, site assessment and construction. Tailor your study and focus on any aspect of garden-making, including design, construction or management.
Have you always dreamt of a creative career in garden design? The Diploma in Landscape Design is New Zealand's premier garden design programme and gives you a solid grounding in site investigation, plant selection and garden design - essential skills for your career in landscape design.
- Our students exhibit at Ellerslie International Flower Show.
- Overseas study tours.
- Design and drawing a focus.
- Comprehensive range of plant courses.
- Field work, real sites and clients.
- Park-like campus - a great environment for plant identification and studying landscape conditions.
- CAD labs and studios.
- Qualification recognised for accredited membership of the Garden Design Society of New Zealand.
- Lecturers who hold executive positions in key industry organisations.
If you do not meet the general admission requirement for the programme, you may be asked to attend an interview.
Relevant work experience and a portfolio demonstrating visual, spatial and graphic ability may provide evidence of your suitability for the programme.
Need a little more help with your portfolio?
Follow our portfolio hints and tips on what to include, what not to include and how to lay it all out.
Last edited: 05 September 2013