- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To introduce students to a range of effective directing & writing techniques for the theatre using a variety of practice based individual and collaborative approaches. This course provides a practical interdisciplinary hands-on workshop based learning environment.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
Acting process Alternative structure Casting process Character
Classic structure Creative ideas Creative process of directing and writing
Critique and maintain performance Design and lighting visualisation Developing an individual voice
Developing ideas Dialogue Dramaturgy Interaction with production teams
Narrative form Planning and realisation skills Poetic use of language
Production processes and technology Professional writing Rehearsal techniques
Research historical/political background Sequencing time Sound patterning
Spontaneous writing Story Storytelling Symbolism and allegory
The "well-made play" The voice and the written word Theatre technology Use of space
Visual writing Writing process from concept to final draft
Learning and teaching approaches
The course is taught in both practical and lecture/seminar/tutorial modes
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner
Feedback sessions/ Discussions
Individual and group exercises
Analyses of written, visual, aural and performance texts
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Group reflection and individual survey
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|30 Apr 18 - 25 Jun 18||Studio||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (001-2070)|
|5 Mar 18 - 9 Apr 18||Studio||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (001-2070)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice.