- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To gain theoretical and practical understanding of hybrid art practices as a process for creating live art in a collaborative, practical learning environment.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
A flexible approach to methodology
Approaches to thought and experimentation
Blurring boundaries and breaking rules
Brainstorming and concept development - taking this off the page
Conventional and alternative techniques in idea production
Complexity Conventional and alternative techniques in idea production Creative and spiritual beliefs and practices Creative knowledge
Devising as a methodology and as a way of being Experimentation, innovation and cutting edge practices Funding applications (Creative New Zealand, Arts Alive) Hybridity
Ideas of thought Interdisciplinary practice Intervention Listening and assertiveness
Mixed origins Participation Performance practice and preparation Practical methods for devising across disciplines
Problem-solving and creative thinking Production cultures Ritual practice ? preparation for daily group work
The brain as a patterning system Working to a timeline
Learning and teaching approaches
The course is taught in both practical and tutorial modes
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner
Individual and group exercises
Feedback sessions/ Discussions
Analyses of written, visual, aural and performance texts
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Group reflection and individual survey
Students are expected to attend 100% of all classes
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Feb 18 - 9 Apr 18||Studio||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1003)|
|30 Apr 18 - 25 Jun 18||Studio||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1003)|
Class: 9062. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Creative Enterprise, Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice.