Creative Practice 2 (PASA7602)
- 30 (0.25 EFTS)
- To provide a practical course in which students employ advanced theories, concepts and techniques in specialised creative practice. This course focuses on consolidating the ability to create and realise complex work in a variety of contexts. Students demonstrate self-reliance and expertise appropriate to the profession while applying critical judgement to creative decisions.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice programme or the Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
Associations, implications and interpretations pertaining to a given concept or brief
Capability in media technologies, Digital technologies, Production technologies
Collaborative skills, Effective interaction with production teams
Communication and presentation strategies and techniques
Creative ownership, Creative process as a personal practice, Contextual associations
Creative production & design ethics and tikanga, Critical social responsibility and a hermeneutic,
historical perspective in creative production
Creative work in relation to professional practice, Professionalism in self management
Diagnosis of operational problems
Ethics and accountability in creative practice, Contracts/credits/rights and responsibilities, Intellectual property
Integrating theory and practice in the invention, aesthetics, function, and critique of creative production proposals
Management of creative process, business, and production
Organisational and interactive aspects of creative production, Complex responsibilities and procedures in production context, Realising creative concepts innovatively
Professional skills in research (practical and theoretical), historical/political background, Independence and critical analysis in creative research
Specialised creative and aesthetic aspects of creative production, Implications and outcomes of a conceptual approach to creative production, Specialist technical and operational knowledge and skills
Start to finish ? seeing the project through
Learning and teaching approaches
Lectures and Tutorials
Feedback sessions/ Discussions
Individual and group exercises
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Group reflection and individual survey
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1379. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5164. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 7532. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice.