- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to gain an introduction to the design and production process of electronic printed circuit board manufacturing and methods of testing.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Engineering Technology programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisites: ENGGMG5015 or ENGGMG5035.
- Topics include:
1. Appropriate electronic materials and method of manufacturer for a given circuit are selected
(Single, double and multi-layered PCB's, through-hole (leaded) and surface-mount components, manual and automated component placement and soldering)
2. A schematic diagram and printed circuit board layout artwork using a modern computer CAD software package is produced
(Simple circuit, double-sided, earth plane, a simple micro with interface circuitry using surface-mount components)
3. A printed circuit board is populated
(Double-sided PCB, mix of leaded and surface-mount components)
An effective soldering technique is demonstrated
4. A test specification document for a given printed circuit board is developed
(Equipment list, connection of test instruments, table of results, acceptable deviations from ideal (nominal) results
continuation 4 overleaf
continuation from previous 4: The use of common test equipment is demonstrated
(Oscilloscope, signal generator, multimeter)
Effective fault finding techniques are demonstrated
(Fault trees, divide and conquer)
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 2074. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5901. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Jul 17 - 27 Sep 17||Workshop||Wednesday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (170-B010)|
|18 Oct 17 - 1 Nov 17||Workshop||Wednesday||08:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (170-B010)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical).