- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To analyse structural elements and simple structures, and to design simple beams.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisite: ENGG DE4101.
- Topics include:
Direct stress and strain, elastic behaviour and characteristics, idealised stress/strain relationship for plastic behaviour, stress and strain associated with temperature, creep and shrinkage, bending stress, shear stress, torsional stress, combined stresses
Analysis of statically determinate beams, pin-jointed trusses, columns
Permanent actions, imposed actions, load factors, load combinations, actions on floors, actions on horizontal and sloping roofs
Design simple steel and timber beams
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1786. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5591. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|28 Jul 17 - 29 Sep 17||Lecture||Friday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (180-B001)|
|20 Oct 17 - 3 Nov 17||Lecture||Friday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (180-B001)|
|26 Jul 17 - 27 Sep 17||Lecture||Wednesday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (182-2001)|
|18 Oct 17 - 1 Nov 17||Lecture||Wednesday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (182-2001)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Civil).