- 5.0 (0.042 EFTS)
- To be able to carry out building mathematics, planning and communication, and, establish and maintain sites.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry programme to enrol in this course. Students must enrol in both CIBC4104-SA & CIBC4104-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
The course content covers aspects of Fundamentals Skill Set 8 and 9, and parts of the Preliminary Work Skill Set 1 and 3 of the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry Specifications
- Measurements and calculations in one, two and three dimensions - Principles associated with right?angled triangles to check for square and to calculate lengths and pitches
- Work effectively with parties to a construction process - Involves everyday contact on site and the ability to discuss and reach conclusions about work requirements and integration of activities
- Involves written, oral and graphic communications
Site establishment and maintenance (LO3)
- Site identification to include the site itself, boundaries, building position, & any plants, or physical attributes requiring specific consideration
Set out and building profiles (LO4)
- Level of complexity of the set?out must meet or exceed that required to form both internal and external corners on the exterior of the building
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 2460. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 6218. This timetable is currently unavailable.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|20 Oct 17 - 10 Nov 17||Lecture||Friday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (180-2045)|
|Workshop||Friday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (307-1002B)|
|Friday||13:00 - 16:30||Mt Albert (307-1002B)|
Class: 8309. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry.